(Scroll down for the After)
As a member of eCommerceFuel who is just constantly floored by the knowledge, kindness, and kickassery of the folks in the forum, naturally I was delighted when ECF founder Andrew Youderian asked me to punch up the “Apply to Join ECF” landing page. Take a look and see how it changed.
Oh, and here’s what Andrew said about this Uppercut project (publicly! He can’t take it back! I have copies of this screenshot!):
Along with having a LOT more fun in the copy — because ECF is a fun place to be! — here are some other changes you’ll notice in the new page copy
- Added more language about “Who’s this for?” to help readers self-qualify
- Front-and-centered a previously buried stat (ECFers experience 36% YoY growth after joining the forum!)
- Added a section comparing ECF favorably (and truthfully) to other ecommerce store owner communities
- Brought in more info about how the forum works and how often members are active
- Made sure testimonials weren’t just lumped into one spot on the page
- Did I mention we made it sound like as much fun as it actually is?
- Hell yeah.